Administrator (Finance Department)
Office Based – Uxbridge
Full time (Permanent) – 09.00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday , 1 hour lunch break
We are currently recruiting for a fabulous client of ours based centrally in Uxbridge, who are seeking an Administrator to join their busy finance team.
Ideally, you will have previous financial administration experience as the role requires direct support within their finance team, however applicants with at least 12 months administration experience in a commercial office environment will also be considered.
You main focus will be in the support of a very busy credit control department, ensuring all queries raised by either a credit controller or customer are logged and resolved with quickly and accurately. It requires someone accurate and able to deal with administration support both promptly, whilst maintaining excellent lines of communication and precisely logging/actioning items that need completing to resolve the query.
Key duties will include:
- Reviewing/clearing down any queries sent to a centralised Administration inbox on a daily basis.
- Opening of new accounts on their internal systems (Workday).
- Actioning and assisting in the raising of credit notes, amending/chasing PO’s (purchase orders), arranging credit/rebills for incorrectly addressed invoices, printing invoice copies and sending statements.
- Logging queries on an internal log so all issues by customer/branch can be tracked.
- Assisting in closing down queries on a weekly basis, with unresolved queries escalated to a Team Leader.
- Where necessary, liaising with customers if further information is required.
- Support the Credit Control if needed which will involve calling smaller clients via telephone.
Ideally you will have;
- A minimum of 12 months of experience (e.g. admin) in a commercial office environment.
- Administration experience gained within a finance department.
- Basic knowledge of credit control and raising of invoice/credit notes as advantage (however, not required as training can be given).
- Minimum education to A level, or equivalent.
- Be proficient in the use of Office applications (especially Excel).
- Have strong oral/written communication skills.
- Be able to pick tasks up quickly and have good attention to detail.
What is in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to work within a leading UK business that prides itself on meeting the needs of its clients. This can only be accomplished with a swift and professional team, so if you are quick to pick up new responsibilities and are looking to move on from your first administration role to gain additional responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Our client is keen to secure someone who can come in and quickly support their credit control team, ideally suiting a “second jobber.” Someone who understands the basics but is looking for more responsibility and progression.
Our client works in fabulous offices based in central Uxbridge, so if you are local and feel you have the relevant experience, please apply today, as this opportunity will not be available for long!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this Administrator opportunity then please apply and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Due to the unprecedented level of applications we are currently receiving, if we have not contacted you within 48 hours of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations; when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.